Doctors Clinic, Dubai has a well-equipped laboratory that offers a broad spectrum of clinical testing designed to provide the specialists and the patients with the most accurate, precise and diagnostically indicative lab results. We use the most advanced technologies with the most sophisticated and high precision equipment.
Brief on our laboratory:
- ISO 15189 Accredited ( 2012)
- Incorporating latest international standard technology & Equipment
- International Standard Quality Control
- Personalized Call
- Fast Turn Around Time (TAT)
- Committed to providing diagnostic pathological services through excellence, integrity, innovation, safety, accuracy & honesty
- Clinical pathology
At Doctors Clinic, Dubai, a state-of-the-art laboratory is equipped to handle investigations related to clinical pathology comprising:
Haematology is the study of blood and blood-forming tissues i.e the bone marrow. The techniques of haematology are concerned with the cellular ( RBC, WBC, Platelets) and non-cellular ( Plasma and its proteins) elements of blood, their number or concentration, the relative distribution of various types of cells and the structure or biochemical abnormalities that promote diseases such as anaemia, haematological malignancy and coagulation abnormalities. Various tests in Haematology are:
- Complete Blood Count including TLC, DLC, etc.
- Peripheral blood smear
- Reticulocyte count
- Coagulation study
- Blood Banking ( ABO and Rh Blood Grouping )
- Bone Marrow study ( Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy )
Clinical chemistry / Chemical Pathology:
It is the study of the chemical as well as cellular constituents of the human body in health and disease. Most tests are carried out in blood or urine but other body fluids, cells and tissues may also be analyzed. In this field, a wide range of tests is performed in order to diagnose various conditions. Some of the common tests in biochemistry are:
- Blood Sugar
- Liver Function Test
- Lipid Profile
- Kidney Function Tests
- Semen analysis
- Amniotic fluid study and Chorionic villus sampling
- Other body fluid analysis
The automated machines allow us to serve our customer by performing:
- Diagnostic panel
- Pre-surgical panel
- Recheck panel
- Specialty Chemistry testing
Laboratories are primarily concerned with providing a service to clinicians to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of microbial diseases such as meningitis, diseases of the respiratory tract and digestive system, wound infections. Specimens commonly examined are blood, urine, faeces, sputum, throat swabs and CSF, synovial fluid.
Serology test is performed to detect and measure the levels of antigens and antibodies as a result of exposure to a particular micro-organism ( bacteria, virus etc). When people are exposed to bacteria or viruses (antigens), their body’s immune system produces specific antibodies against the organism. Detection of these antigens and/or antibodies against a particular micro-organism helps the clinician to establish the diagnosis as well as to determine the severity of the disease by measuring Antibody levels (antibody titer).
Histopathology / Surgical pathology:
Histopathology is the microscopic examination of biological tissues to observe the appearance of diseased cells and tissues in very fine detail. The word “histopathology” is derived from a combination of three Greek words:
- histos meaning tissue
- pathos meaning disease or suffering
- logos meaning study
Hence, histopathology is the study of microscopic changes or abnormalities in tissues that are caused as a result of diseases. Histopathology Services
- Routine biopsy ( H&E)
- Special Histochemical stains like PAS, Sudan Black B stain, oil red O stain GMS, EVG, Reticulin, Fontana – Masson, Trichrome stain, Giemsa, Zeihl – Neelson stain, Wade- Fite, Congo red, and Perls’ iron stain.
- Polarising microscopy
- Immunohistochemistry offering a wide range of markers for typing of tumors
- Immunofluorescence for skin and renal biopsies
- Frozen section for rapid perioperative diagnosis.
Cytology refers to a branch of pathology, the medical speciality that deals with making diagnoses of diseases and conditions through the examination cells derived from tissue samples of the body. Cytologic examinations may be performed on body fluids (examples are blood, urine and cerebrospinal fluid) or on material that is aspirated (drawn out via negative suction into a syringe) from the body tissue. Cytology also can involve examinations of preparations that are obtained (by brushing, scrapping or irrigating with a sterile solution) from specific areas of the body. For instance, a common example of cytology study is the evaluation of cervical smears (referred to as the Papanicolaou test or (Pap smear) which is a very useful and important diagnostic tool to detect cervical cancer at its very early stage.
- FNAC procedures
- Routine PAP smears
- Cell blocks
- Immunohistochemistry on cell blocks
Cytogenetics and Molecular genetics:
This involves sophisticated method and equipment, using blood and other cells to study the structure and function of a cell, i.e its DNA, chromosome and the genes and thus to get the cellular details at the molecular level. This can be helpful in prenatal diagnosis (e.g.Down’s syndrome) as well as in cancer (some cancers have abnormal chromosomes).Some of the important tests include:
- Karyotyping ( G – banding and another banding )
- Polymerase Chain reaction
- Fluorescent in situ hybridization(FISH)
- Comparative genomic hybridization(CGH)